Friday, December 9, 2011

ThatDopeInterviews: Trailblaza

What up readers! As you already know TDI is about chatting up with talented up-and-coming rappers about everything surrounding their music and their goals.

Today I proudly present you another Q&A. This time around we have the talented emcee/producer/songwriter Trailblaza who recently dropped The Education of Trailblaza. We will talk about his name, fan reaction and a lot more. Peep and read what this dude is all about.

What City/Region are you repping?
North Atlanta, Ga.

How did the name Trailblaza come about?
Trailblaza came about when I first began rapping. I wanted a name that would describe who I am as an artist, even before listeners had the chance to hear my music. It is my mission in music to take things where they haven't been before; to innovate and guide.

I've heard a lot of positive fan-reaction from your latest project, what are your thoughts on that?
Its a blessing! The greatest feeling in the world is having your music speak to people to the point where they can appreciate who you are and what you stand for. To hear such great reactions from this project in particular intensifies that high.

The whole project sounds very personal, how important was it for you?
Keeping a personal aspect in my music has always been important to me, especially this time around. My main focus with "The Education of Trailblaza" was and is to give a glimpse into my mind and thoughts over the last 15 months since my last project "20TB". With all the things that have changed since then, it was important for me to do so.

Who handled the production duties on the EP, did you do any beats?
"Great Day" is the only song I produced  for T.E.O.T. A bulk of the EP, besides "Inside My Mind" & "The Big Homie Speaks I" was done by producer Childz, who I work with closely. He's incredible! "Chasing Excellence", and "Black Young & Misunderstood" are collaborative works co-produced by both him and I.



Is The Education of Trailblaza going to be a preview of a bigger project?
I see it as the new beginning to the way I will continue to approach music. This EP catches me at my most vulnerable and creative state. I feel all past works have lead to this, and all things will grow from here.

What are your goals for 2012, who would you like to work with?
2012 will bring growth. More shows, tours, great visuals from my end, and even greater projects and ventures. Dreams became goals, and all my goals are now within reach. Time to execute.
As far as collaborations, I am really content with my music and what I am able to create. Continuing to work with the team I have now will be a blessing. Outside of that, I would love to work with Organized Noize, Danny Keyz, DJ Burn One, Chase N. Cashe and Rittz in the up-coming year. Would definitely make for some dope music.

Thanks a lot to Trailblaza and his team for taking the time to answer my questions and being very affable to me. Follow him @TrailblazaLG.

No comments:

Post a Comment